Review of Communication Research invites the submission of literature reviews and meta-analyses relevant to audience and reception studies. Possible areas and issues to be covered include, but are not limited to:
– Critical/cultural approaches to audience/reception studies
– Political economy and audiences
– Journalism and audiences
– Entertainment and audiences
– Ethics in audience research
– Social media and audiences
– Audience and reception research in the Global South
– Universal and cultural differences in reception
– Methodological questions in audience/reception studies
– Theoretical questions in audience/reception studies
The manuscript submission deadline is August 1, 2021.
Paper proposals, questions, and comments should be addressed to Melissa Tully (firstname.lastname@example.org) cc to email@example.com.
Authors should submit their manuscripts through the RCR editorial management system: www.rcommunicationr.org.
Download a PDF of the Call for Papers: https://www.rcommunicationr.org/public/journals/1/Call%20for%20Papers%20or%20Proposals%20RCR_Audiences%20&%20Reception%20Studies
Review of Communication Research (RCR, www.rcommunicationr.org ) is an open-access academic journal that has become a reference for the publication of literature reviews for the field of Communication.
The articles we publish are highly cited. According to the SCOPUS SNIP indicator, RCR ranks in the top 2% journals in the Social Sciences, and #14/434 in Communication; Scopus SJR 2019: top 10%; Scopus CiteScore 2019: top 19%.