H-ermes n. 23 (2023). Call for papers (deadline abstracts 15th February 2023)
The next issue of “H-ermes. Journal of Communication” asks authors to reason about the multiple themes of spatiality. The essays in the issue may develop a reflection on the topic in the broadest multidisciplinary perspective, privileging original case studies, from the following areas:
- Spatiality in the media;
- Spatiality in the arts;
- Theories of Spatiality;
- Spatiality and its declinations: environment, landscape, place, territory;
- Digital spatiality;
- Places, nonplaces, other places, heterotopias, third place;
- Social space;
- Spaces of economy and political order;
- Classic and contemporary isotopias (nature/culture, center/periphery, actual/virtual, global/local, real/fictional, embedding/disembedding);
- Spaces of transit, movement, crossing, migration, conflict;
- Pandemic and post-pandemic spatiality;
- Spatial imagination;
- Spatiality in the history of ideas.
This journal applies a double-blind peer review policy.
Authors shall send an abstract of the article (no longer than 3.000 characters) by February 15th , 2023 to (h-ermes /at/ unisalento.it) . Full manuscript submission deadline for accepted abstracts is April 15th, 2023. Authors can also submit video-essays lasting up to 15 minutes.
No payment for the authors will be required.
The articles can be submitted in one of the following languages: Italian, English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish.