We invite students from all areas of media studies, information sciences, informatics and other related fields to submit poster abstracts for our Annual Meeting on 15-16 November.
MediaFutures is a centre for research-based innovation at the Department of Information Science and Media Studies, University of Bergen, located at Media City Bergen.
The centre is a part of the Norwegian Research Council’s Research-based Innovation scheme. MediaFutures, in cooperation with industry partners from news media and media technology research topics such as media experiences, recommender technology, content production and analysis, content interaction and availability, and Norwegian language technology. The goal is to develop responsible technological solutions to meet societal challenges such as fake news, echo chambers and political polarization. Read more about the centre at www.mediafutures.no/about.
The MediaFutures Annual Meeting, which will take place on November 15 -16 at Media City Bergen, constitutes an excellent opportunity to showcase your research project and/or plans to both academic and industry representatives.
The poster session will take place on-site at the Media City Bergen Atrium – more details to come. Posters’ presenters will be given the opportunity to pitch their posters.
Students submit short abstracts (max 300 words). All poster proposal will be handled electronically and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59, AoE (Anywhere on Earth) on October 3rd, 2022. The submissions will be reviewed by an expert committee.
Relevant Content & Topics:
We invite submissions relevant to the centre’s activities on responsible media technology and innovation. Core topics of interest are:
- Understanding Media Experiences
- User Modeling, Personalisation & Engagement
- Media Content Production & Analysis
- Media Content Interaction & Accessibility
- Language Technologies for the Media
- Students submit abstracts no longer than 300 words and should give a brief description of the content and objective of the poster.
- The abstract is to be submitted in Font Size 12, Arial and in PDF format.
- If accepted, the submitter of the abstract will be invited to create a physical poster.
- The poster size is maximum A0 portrait format (width: 84,1 cm, height: 118,9 cm), and the poster should be readable at a 1-meter distance. Small text should be avoided (minimum font size 14).
- A short pitch (maximum 60 seconds) will be given at the beginning of the poster session.
- The posters will be made available digitally to conference participants. Please note that it is the presenters’ responsibility to ensure that presenting a poster at the conference does not infringe any Intellectual Property rights and will neither hinder them nor their co-authors to publish and/or commercially exploit the contents/results in the future.
- Presenters who wish that their poster is deleted after the conference are asked to contact the poster committee at email@example.com.
- Further guidelines and instructions on how to prepare the poster and pitch will be sent to all accepted presenters in a separate email.