Deadline (EXTENDED): January 14, 2022
Dígitos is a journal linked to the Language Theory and Communication Sciences Department of the University of Valencia, which welcomes publications about the impact of digital technologies.
This call makes room for data sprints-based research and the practice of digital methods in the context of communication and media studies.
Manuscripts must be unpublished and written in Spanish, Catalan, English, or French.
Short-paper format (4.500-6.000 words) are welcome, giving priority to papers addressing the following topics:
- Case studies or methodological protocols developed in a data sprint context for studying a specific phenomenon
- Experimental/exploratory studies that trigger methodological or conceptual framework creation and software development
- Data sprints as a form of learning and developing data-driven research design with digital methods
- Data sprints as key to fostering collaboration and interdisciplinary research
- The role of designers in data sprint contexts
- Proposals for new dissemination formats of data-sprint technical reports
Deadline EXTENDED for submitting documents: 14 January 2022
Further information here:
The special issue is coordinated by Janna Joceli Omena (NOVA University Lisbon, iNOVA Media Lab & Public Data Lab), Beatrice Gobbo (Politecnico di Milano, Density Design Lab), Lorena Cano-Orón (University of Valencia) and Ana Marta M. Flores (NOVA University Lisbon, University of Coimbra & iNOVA Media Lab).