The conference is open to research related to questions of memory, media, and communication. And it invites senior as well as emerging scholars to contemplate the future of communication memory studies.
Contributions can address, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
- Journalism and the role of journalistic memory agents
- Memory and visual communication
- Remembering and forgetting in academia, most notably communication studies
- Media nostalgia in networked communication
- Media witnessing and digital media
- New media and shifting forms of memory making
- Data, archives, and information retrieval
- Memory work in-between the past, the present, and the future
- Cosmopolitan and transnational media memory
The conference will be hosted by the Memory and Media Network. It is funded by the German Research Foundation.
(Text sourced from conference website)