The Media for Democracy Monitor 2021 will be launched in a webinar, presenting findings on how leading news media in 18 mature democracies are performing with regard to democratic core values.
Date and time: 15th April 2021 – 15:00 to 16:15 CET
Venue: online via Zoom (link to be provided by email for registered attendees)
- The instrument, aims and scope, by Josef Trappel (University of Salzburg)
- The Dutch case, by Hanne Vandenberghe (University of Leuven)
- How journalists deal with misinformation, by Jón Gunnar Ólafsson (University of Iceland)
- Precarisation of journalistic work, by Christian Ruggiero (Sapienza University of Rome)
- Protection of journalists against (online) harassment, by Alice Lima Baroni (University of Padova)
Moderation by Leen d’Haenens (University of Leuven).