The position of assistant professor (tenure track) or associate professor (tenure track) will be connected to the specialisation in marketing, which is available to students enrolled in the Degree Programme in Business Studies in the Faculty of Management and Business at Tampere University.
The successful candidate will carry out scientific research in marketing, teach students, support educational development, take part in obtaining research funding, keep up to date with advancements in marketing, contribute to public discussion and debate in the field and pursue international collaborations. The successful candidate will also participate in implementing the curriculum for the specialisation in marketing by delivering teaching based on the curriculum and supervising students working on their thesis.
The successful candidate will conduct research as part of the Customer-Oriented Marketing Research Group. The priority areas of the research group include customer value, customer experience, consumer research, business models, business transformation, retailing, decision-making and strategic marketing, among other things. The successful candidate should have a research profile that highlights, as applicable, the research group’s priority areas and their applicability to business in a B2C or B2B environment and have the ability to use a variety of research methods.
Read more: https://research.tuni.fi/marketing/
- applicable doctoral degree
- ability to undertake independent scholarly activity and potential to pursue scholarly activity at a high international level of excellence
- teaching skills required to successfully perform the duties and functions of the position.
- applicable doctoral degree
- track record of independent scholarly activity
- teaching skills required to successfully perform the duties and functions of the position
- ability to lead a research group and acquire external funding
- track record of international scholarly activity.
Proficiency in the English language is required. Proficiency in Finnish may be considered an advantage.
The recruitment process may include interviews, aptitude tests and an assessment of teaching skills. Shortlisted candidates will also undergo an external assessment.
Appointment will be made for a term of five years from 1 September 2022 to 30 August 2027. Subject to successful performance, you will become a tenured member of staff at the end of the five-year period. A trial period of six months applies to all our new employees. Read more about the tenure track career system at Tampere University.
Salaries are based on the job demands and employees’ personal performance in accordance with the Finnish University Salary System. The minimum starting salary of an assistant professor (tenure track) will range between €3,970 and €4,450 per month and that of an associate professor (tenure track) between €4,577 and €5,130 per month. Higher salaries may be agreed dependent upon credentials, experience and performance. Read more about working at Tampere University.
How to apply
Please submit your application through our online recruitment system. The closing date for applications is Thursday 2 December 2021 at 23.59 EET/UTC +2).
Attach the following documents (written in English) to your application in PDF format:
- Curriculum Vitae according to TENK guidelines.
- List of publications according to Academy of Finland guidelines. Please indicate 10 of your most important publications and include links to the publications, or upload them to your application as separate PDF documents if they are not available online.
- Research plan for the five-year period (max. 5 pages).
- Teaching portfolio according to Tampere University guidelines.
- Letter describing why you would be a good fit for this position (1–2 pages).
For more information, please contact:
Professor of Marketing Hannu Saarijärvi, email@example.com (inquiries by phone on Thursday 18 November between 1 pm and 2 pm. / tel. +358 40 535 1369)
Dean Matti Sommarberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
With questions about the recruitment process, contact Senior Specialist Pirjo Kuhanen, email@example.com