About the position
The position is 100% for 3 year, and includes the following taskes and responsibilities:
- Research work at doctoral level.
- As part of the doctoral programme, a training part corresponding to 30 credits must be completed in the doctoral programme Innovation in Service provision in the Public and Private sector (INSEPP) within three (3) months of employment.
About the researche area/project
The candidates apply for a custom project in the field of TV management, with emphasis on innovation and change processes. Possible themes include:
- Methods for creative idea development and content production in production companies and/or broadcasters
- Management and organization of creative processes and creative teams
- Development strategies in format production
- New distribution and publishing strategies for audiovisual content
- Innovation and/or restructuring processes in the TV industry or in specific companies
- Change of routines, practices and workflow for various management functions in the TV industry (project manager, editorial manager, production manager, recording manager, etc.)
- New business models in the TV industry (ownership structures, co-productions, changed competitive conditions)
- Framework conditions and policy-making (media and broadcasting policy)
- The green shift, “Grønne skiftet” in professional TV/media production
Projects on other topics are also welcome. The project can be oriented both towards the micro level (companies, individuals, professional functions) or towards overall industry perspectives (macro level).
The position is linked to Fakultet for audiovisuelle medier og kreativ teknologi, Department of Television production and Studies – The TV-school.
About the department
The Department of Television Production and Studies, The TV-school offers educations in creative, technical and administrative professional functions in professional program production and documentary film. The study portfolio consists of own educations programmes in directing and technology for single-camera and multi-camera production, respectively, as well as a study programme in project and production management for TV. The programmeseducations are projectorientedproject-oriented and production-intensive, where students develop and produce concepts, films and programs across genres and viewing platforms.
Storytelling and the development of original content are the core of all our studies. The TV school has an extensive collaboration with external industry players.
The department is located in Lillehammer, has approximately 180 students and currently 32 employees.
Head of Defartment Jo Sondre Moseng, Phone: 61288328, Cell phone: 99638055, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Higher education at master’s level (120 credits) in media studies, innovation, organizational and management subjects, TV production, sociology or related subject areas.
Experience expertise – required and desired
- Practical experience from professional production, editorial work or project management is desired.
- Execution ability
- Initiative in collaboration with colleagues and external partners
- The applicant must have a strong command of the English language, both orally and writing. It will be a great advantage to know Norwegian or another Scandinavian language.
- IT competence at user level is expected.
Determination of which candidate is best qualified for the position is made after a comprehensive assessment of education, experience and personal compatibility and other qualification requirements as formulated in the vacancy text, as well as motivation for the position.
How to apply
Application and all attachments are to be sent electronically.
The application must contain a project sketch (5-8 pages), with the following elements:
- Presentation of theme and description of the project’s relevance
- Research questions and possible hypotheses
- Theoretical approach with references to key research contributions in the relevant field
- Methodological approach
- Progress plan – sketch
- Application letter
- CV with an overview of education and experience. Fill in the Jobbnorge application form.
- Other work that is considered relevant to the application
Relevant candidates will be called for an interview.
Requests for exemptions from the public applicant list must be clearly substantiated and submitted via an electronic application form. Applicants will be contacted if the university college can notcannot follow the request (cf. the Public Administration Act § 25).
The state workforce must, as far as possible, reflect the diversity of the population. It is therefore a personnel policy goal at HINN University to achieve a balanced age and gender composition and to recruit people with an immigrant background. The working conditions are adapted, if necessary, for people with disabilities. If applicants announce that they have a disability or a gap in their CV, this information can be used for registration purposes in connection with the target number.
- The position’s salary follows prosition code 1017 Doctoral Research Fellow in the state’s wage regulations, starting salary NOK 479,600 per year. For particularly qualified candidates, placement and salary can be agreed in position code 1078.
- Good working environment, opportunity for development and good welfare schemes.