At the Department of Communication and Psychology, the Faculty of Humanities, Aalborg University, Copenhagen Campus a position is available as Professor and will be open for appointment as of March 1st2021. The position will complement and extend the existing expertise within Science Communication and Science Studies.
The appointment is a full-time position, which includes both research and teaching activities.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Deliver high quality teaching, supervision, and associated examination, as required across the range of modules offered on the Communication and Digital Media programme within areas such as Theory of Science and Science Communication
- Undertake research and publish research output of an internationally recognized quality
- Engage in external research networks and collaborations
- Engage in knowledge collaboration within the portfolio of the position
- Participate positively and constructively in the day-to-day activities of the Department of Communication and Psychology.
- Assume research management responsibilities.
In terms of research, the position includes research at the highest international level in Science Communication and Science Studies, and applicants are expected to document original scientific production and demonstrate that they have contributed significantly to the development of the position’s scientific portfolio and have research experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of innovative and original models for science communication
- Development of new models for understanding the societal impact of research
- Development of new models for collaboration between research environments and external knowledge partners, companies, public authorities and civic society
- Research in and development of new models for knowledge mobilization and knowledge transfer
In relation to research, applicants should document:
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to produce high quality research outputs and publish in international journals
- A personal research plan which is consistent with the Department of Communication and Psychology research strategy and demonstrates the potential to develop new research projects
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to develop external and/or international networks and collaborations
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to engage in activities with actors outside academia to enhance the impact of research.
- A high degree of original scientific production at international level that will contribute to the further development of the Departments efforts in science communication and science studies.
- As such, the applicant must have published internationally within the entire scientific portfolio of the position.
In relation to teaching, applicants should document:
- Experience, skills and achievements that demonstrate the ability or potential to deliver high quality teaching, using a range of pedagogical approaches including problem based learning, project supervision, group work, interactive seminars and lectures
- Ability to teach, supervise, and assess written and oral performances in Danish.
Aalborg University works with a problem-based learning approach (PBL) and documented experience with this learning approach will be welcomed but is not a prerequisite.
The position will primarily be attached to the knowledge group Science, Policy and Information Studies (SPIS), which focuses its research on the following main themes:
- Research on academic and societal networks of humanities scholarship and beyond
- Developing methods to understand, analyse and reflect upon the co-production of impact of scholarly activities and understanding their value in society
- Research on intelligent access, prediction, analytics and ethics of information in the face of large amounts of data.
- Producing actionable insights from the analysis of information and the practices surrounding it.
Applicants should be able to work together with others and be capable of creating and sustaining relations with other researchers in an international research environment. Both national and international research networks will be advantageous. Applicants need to be willing to participate actively in all aspects of daily work in the Department.
More information about the research profile of the Department can be found here: http://www.kommunikation.aau.dk
The position of professor is a permanent position with obligation to research, teaching and publication/academic dissemination.
Applicants to the professorship are required to provide documentation of a substantial amount of original scientific production at international level, and documentation of significant contribution to the development of the research area in question. It is equally important that applicants are able to undertake research management or other kinds of management, pedagogical counselling and supervision as well as academic assessment tasks.
The application must contain the following:
- Complete publication list, marking the attached publications, to be taken into consideration in connection with the assessment. A maximum of ten publications may be attached.
- In case the applicant attaches publications elaborated ind collaboration with co-authors, a co-author statement must be enclosed, specifying the applicant’s contribution to the joint work. The co-author statement must be signed by at least one of the co-authors Template co-author declaration
- Documentation of teaching qualifications Guidance Teaching portfolio
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD)
All candidates will be assessed by an assessment committee. Applicants may subsequently be summoned to an interview and/or trial lecture.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Shortlisting will be applied. This means that subsequent to the deadline for applications the head of department supported by the chair of the assessment committee will select candidates for assessment. All applicants will be informed whether they will be assessed or not. The selected applicants will be informed of the composition of the assessment committee, and each applicant will have the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that applies to the applicant in question. When the employment process has been terminated, a final rejection will be sent to the applicants who are not considered for the position.
Any enquiries about the position may be addressed to Head of Department, Mikael Vetner, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 9940 7263 or Head of Knownleagde group, Birger Larsen, mail: Birger@hum.aau.dk or phone: 9940 3162
Expectations in connection with employment as academic staff.
Any enquiries relating to the application procedure should be addressed to Human Resources on email email@example.com.
The complete application with enclosures is to be submitted online by using the “apply online” button below. Only applications written in English are accepted.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.